Specialty Cuban tours are inspired by Dan Rutherford, a former 25-year international vice president of a Fortune 100 Company, extensive world traveler (both personally and professionally, having visited all seven continents), an accomplished state legislator and constitutional officer. His first visit to Cuba was in 1999. For decades he has organized individual and group tours to some of the most challenging locations on the planet. His Midwest charisma and charm make for knowing how to put together a fun and educational adventure abroad.
Together with Josh Lanning, a youthful Cuban expert, the two have created innumerable experiences for participants of their tours to the elusive Cuban island. After several visits, Josh knows his way around Havana and is a wealth of information for social activities not on an itinerary. Visit their bio page at: www.GlobalRelations.US
The Global Relations Travel Club (GRTC) Cuban expeditions adamantly adhere to the legal expectations of the U.S. Department of Treasury, Office of Foreign Asset Control. Since its inception, GRTC has emphasized the use of Cuban privately owned restaurants and vendors wherever possible.
Itineraries can be structured for history buffs, lovers of the arts, music, culture or architecture. If one is interested in cigar rolling and rum production, it can be woven into the tour. GRTC has select, ‘off the beaten path’, places to visit. Diversity in an itinerary can span from Hemingway haunts, rain forests, and tobacco farms, to the Bay of Pigs, Che’s mausoleum, mojitos and Cuban Jazz. GRTC Tours feature comfortable accommodations and tasty, authentic, Cuban cuisine.
Individualized itineraries provide a unique opportunity to visit an exotic foreign country forbidden to Americans for almost 60 years.
Joining a Global Relations Travel Club (GRTC) Small Group Tour to Cuba allows one to meet new people. It is an adventure that is fun, exciting and rewarding. For scheduled Small Group Tours visit our Experience or Discover Cuba Tours via the tab above.
Or, one may prefer gathering friends and family to go on a Personal Tour.
Or, an association, school, club or business may want a Private Tour for their members, customers, staff and colleagues.
GRTC is exceptionally proficient at Personal & Private Tours. They have a depth of experience in these platforms. Multiple references are available.
GRTC has arranged a number of Personal Tours to Cuba for people such as an aunt & nephew, buddies for New Years, business associates and spouses, and a father & son.
GRTC has facilitated Private Tours to Cuba for a number of organizations like the Illinois Municipal League, the Mid-West Trucker Owners Association and the Alliance for Regional Development, as well as funeral directors and attorneys & judges.
- Draft an individualized itinerary, with guidance from the host
- Secure quality lodging in Cuba, significant to a memorable trip. One of GRTC’s strengths
- Arrange airport transfers in Cuba
- Provide air conditioned transport while in Cuba with a dedicated, licensed, Cuban driver
- Provide an experienced English speaking Cuban guide, with a personality, knowledge and a sense of humor
- Dispatch an American tour leader, experienced in Cuba, to accompany the group, optional
- The itinerary will adhere to all U.S. Department of Treasury, Office of Foreign Asset Control regulations and requirements for a legal visit to the Republic of Cuba
- Assist with Cuban documents needed for travel
- Provide a dedicated web page of the Group’s itinerary, FAQs and easy registration
- Provide participants with pre-departure e updates on getting ready for the trip
- Certificate of Legal Cuba Travel in compliance with U.S. Department of Treasury Office of Foreign Assets Control regulations (OFAC)
Email DanRutherford@GlobalRelations.US with your interest, full contact information, potential dates and size of the group. GRTC looks forward to helping you accomplish your bucket list of visiting the Pearl of the Antilles: Cuba!