eight days and seven nights in the Pearl of the Caribbean
Tour introduction and overview of activities
This most popular Cuba tour is inspired and hosted by Dan Rutherford, a former 25-year international vice president of a Fortune 100 Company, extensive world traveler, and accomplished Illinois legislator and constitutional officer. His Midwest charisma and charm makes for a fun deserved adventure abroad.
Together with Josh Lanning, an energetic youthful Midwesterner and Cuba expert, they help you navigate ever changing US-Cuban relations. This Cuba expedition falls under the legal people-to-people education and cultural exchange category of US approved Cuba travel.
Global Relations Cuba Discovery Tour – well into its tenth edition – is geared to people who seek to engage with everyday Cubans. It’s for regular Americans to want to make new Cuban friends and learn about island culture and society. This tour is an opportunity to visit an exotic foreign country and let your hair down for eight days. Ask anybody who’s been to Cuba. They’ll describe it as a tropical paradise.
This economical tour is ideal for history buffs and lovers of art, music, culture and architecture. The tour’s diverse itinerary spans western Cuba from the metropolis of Havana to the mountain jungles of Viñales Valley where Cuba’s famed tobacco is grown. The tour sports comfortable accommodations with tasty Cuban cuisine throughout.
We warmly invite you to join us!
Costs, dates, book now
Included in tour cost
- Teleconference with the tour group and Global Relations Travel Club (GRTC) leadership to go through the itinerary, answer questions and offer suggestions on opportunities not on the schedule
- A series of briefing e mails, starting weeks before departure, to assist you in preparing for the trip.
- All taxes. All amounts are quoted in US dollars
- Hotel in U.S. the night before your departure to Cuba
- Airport transfers: Transfer from your hotel in departing city to the airport. You are met at the airport in Cuba upon arrival and taken to your hotel. For departure you will be taken back to the airport in Cuba. You need to book your own airfare to and from Cuba
- Hotels in Cuba as listed in tour itinerary, or similar
- Welcome cocktail upon arrival
- All breakfasts, lunches and dinners as per itinerary
- All activities, services, speakers, meetings and meals as described in tour itinerary except those noted as “optional” or “not included”
- Luxury air-conditioned private coach transportation and a full-time professional driver, dedicated to your group
- An expert Cuban English-speaking guide whose background matches tour content and GRTC Team member from the US escorting the tour
- Ongoing support from your Cuban Tour staff and the GRTC Team before, during and after your stay
- Emergency collect call access to North America while in Cuba
- Emergency cash advances for tour participants who face complications accessing funds from abroad while in Cuba
Not included in cost
- Global Relations Travel Club (GRTC) membership: $29 http://www.globalrelations.us/membership.html Membership is a requirement, by Rule, to participate in GRTC tours
- Airfare is not included, you select your flights
- Fly into your desired U.S. departure city the first night of the Tour and your lodging is included. The next day fly to Cuba and your transfer at the Cuban airport is included. On the last day of your Tour the transfer to the Cuban airport is included. Flight reservations are the responsibility of the participant. GRTC Team will be of assistance
- Cuban Visa and departure tax from Cuba will be arranged by your airline, along with mandatory Cuban medical insurance coverage during your island stay. GRTC Team will be of assistance
- Gratuities for Cuban tour guide, coach/van driver, chambermaids, restaurant staff, porters, etc. of group activates. You will be asked to participate in a ‘gratuity collective’ of $154.89 from which all gratuities for group activities will be paid on your behalf. Details will be sent to you
- Optional travel interruption and cancellation insurance. See http://globalrelations.ourcuba.com/insurance/